The Entrepreneur Program seeks to attract experienced business persons, who would own and actively manage businesses in Canada, which will contribute to the Canadian economy and create jobs there.
You can qualify as an Entrepreneur if you:
- Have a net worth of legally acquired Cdn$3,00,000 (including spousal assets).
- Show that you have business experience
- Establish or acquire a percentage of equity (at least 33.33%) in a qualifying Canadian business that you must actively manage.
- Create at least one new job for a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
- Abide by the conditions of entrepreneurs even after arriving in Canada
Under Entrepreneur program, you and your family member would get Canadian Permanent Residency and you can live anywhere in Canada except Quebec.
Quick details of eligibility criteria of Federal Entrepreneur category:
|Investment||Anywhere in Canada, except Quebec|
|Networth||Legally acquired CDN $300,000|
|Business Experience||Management and ownership of a qualifying business as defined under the Regulations|
|Miscelleneous||Medical examination and security background check|