The Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program’s Entrepreneur Stream is designed to support individuals from outside of Canada who are looking to implement a new business idea or buy an existing business in Ontario. The Entrepreneur Stream offers entrepreneurs the opportunity to be nominated for permanent residence once their business has been successfully established in Ontario.
- Minimum 36 months of experience from last 60 months as business owner or senior manager
- If proposed business is inside Greater Toronto Area (GTA) required net worth is CAD 1,500,000 and investment should be minimum $1,000,000 with minimum equity ownership of 33.3%
- If proposed business is outside Greater Toronto Area (GTA) required net worth is CAD 800,000 and investment should be minimum $500,000 with minimum equity ownership of 33.3 %.
- If proposed business will be in digital communication, required net worth is CAD 800,000 and investment should be minimum $500,000 with minimum equity ownership of 33.3 %.
- Minimum 2 job creations in proposed business
- If purchasing existing business, exploratory visit within past 12 months must be done
Step-1: Submitting and Expression of Interest
Step-2: Invitation to Apply
Step-3: Review of Personal Net worth Report (Third Party Verification Report)
Step-4: Submitting and Application to OINP
Step-5: Assessment of Application
Step-6: Interview with OINP
Step-7: Signing a Performance Agreement
Step-8: Apply for Work Permit
Step-9: Arrive and set up a business in Ontario
Step-10: Nomination from OINP
Step-11: Apply for Permanent Residency
- If you are invited to apply to the Entrepreneur Stream, you must make electronic payment of $3,500 that will be required before you can submit your online application. Your application fee is used to process your application.
- The applicant must pay applicable fee to IRCC at the time of application for Permanent Residency.