The islands of Antigua & Barbuda are located in the heart of Caribbean. Antigua and Barbuda is the 9th largest country by size in the Caribbean and houses a population of about 91,295 people. The GDP (Purchasing Power Parity) of Antigua & Barbuda is $1.579 Billion.
This economic citizenship program facilitates the applicant and his/ her family comfort of visa-free travel to 112 countries. The law of the Citizenship-by-Investment Program of Antigua and Barbuda was established in 2013. The passport is internationally recognized and includes most Schengen countries as well as Canada. The citizenship and passport is obtained in only 3 months.
Antigua and Barbuda recognizes dual citizenship, which can give you an advantage on business expansion and tax relief among other benefits:
- Fast processing within 3-4 months
- Dependent children under 26 years, and dependent parents or grandparents over 65 years can accompany the main applicant
- The applicant does not have to travel to Antigua and Barbuda during the application process
- No interview
- No education
- No language requirement
- No managerial experience required
- No tax on worldwide income
- Duty- free Trading in Caribbean
- Living in the country not mandatory; Dual Nationality allowed.
- Visa free travel to 125 countries
The Program offers many benefits to the applicants that meet the requirements. To qualify for citizenship in Antigua and Barbuda, applicants need to fulfill one of the investment requirements outlined under in the Investment Options section, in addition to the following criteria. The applicant must
- Be of outstanding character
- Hold no criminal record
- Be in good health
- Have a high personal net worth
- Reside (with the family members who are included in the application) in the home country for a minimum of 35 days within a period of 5 years.
Being proactive in facilitating investors, the Government has adopted the Citizenship-by-Investment Program as one of the mechanisms to promote economic growth, attract developments, increase the inflows of foreign direct investment in the country, support the development of infrastructure, and provide for sustainable future. The Government offers a variety of instruments that an investor can choose from to qualify for the Citizenship-by-Investment Program.
1. National Development Contribution or charitable donation
- The applicant may choose to make a monetary contribution of US$ 250,000 to the National Development Fund or an approved charity. Donation amount is USD 200,000 and processing fee is 25,000 USD which is a total of 225,000 USD.
- Hurricane Relief funds – This option is valid till October 2018 the donation amount is 100,000 USD plus 25,000 USD processing fee which is a total of 125,000 USD.
2. Real estate investment
The property purchased must equal a minimum of US$ 400,000 in a pre-approved real estate development area. The investment must be maintained for a minimum of 5 years. If during these 5 years, the property is sold, another property of the same value must be purchased and held untill the completion of this period. Property registration, processing fees and taxes must be paid in addition to the property purchase.