St. Kitts and Nevis, also known in the country’s constitution as Saint Christopher and Nevis, has been independent since 1983 and forms part of the group of islands known as the Lesser Antilles, located some 2,000 km to the southeast of Miami. The Federation comprises two islands: Nevis with an area of some 93.2 Km. Sq. and St. Kitts with 168.4 Km. Sq. The official and business language is English.
St. Kitts & Nevis offers good opportunities for investors. The workforce is well-educated, English-speaking and friendly. The Government grants tax breaks, guaranteed repatriation of profits and concessions on import duties. There are no income or capital gains taxes, no net wealth taxes and no inheritance or gift taxes in St. Kitts & Nevis.
Benefits of the Federation of St. Kitts & Nevis Citizenship
- Applicant on approval gets a direct Citizenship and Passport which gives him and his family a Visa Free travel to 100+ countries across the world including countries like Canada, UK & Germany.
- Citizenship of a British Commonwealth country.
- Citizenship is for life and not revocable.
- There is no residency requirement under the Citizenship by Investment Program.
- St. Kitts & Nevis recognizes dual citizenship, and does not require people to renounce their current citizenship.
- Off-shore bank accounts, investments, and companies give unique opportunities for business and tax planning.
To qualify under the Citizenship by Investment Program, the following criteria must be met:
There are two types of Investment you can apply for to qualify for citizenship by Investment of St. Kitts- Nevis. They are as following:
A) SIDF Contribution
To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under the SIDF (The Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation) Option, the Government requires a contribution to the St. Kitts and Nevis Sugar Industry Diversification Foundation, a public charity audited by PricewaterhouseCoopers.
Single Applicant: Nonrefundable 150,000 USD donation for single applicant and 25,000 USD to add spouse, and to add per dependent its 10,000 USD
B) Real Estate Option
Project: Hillsboro Sunset Suites
To qualify for citizenship of St. Kitts and Nevis under the real-estate option of its Citizenship-by-Investment Program, the Government requires an investment in designated real estate with a value of at least Real estate – 2 options 1 is 400,000 USD blocked for 5 years and 1 more option started in April 2018, 220,000 USD blocked for 7 years.
- To qualify as dependents, children must be under age 30 and unmarried (if aged 18-25, children must be able to prove full-time studies and dependence on their parents) and 55 years and above parents.