Ancient architecture, villages adorned by cobblestone roads, mesmerizing landscape and glistening beaches make Portugal a sought-after European country. It is one of the oldest countries in the European sub-continent. For those looking to invest in the country, there are many lucrative opportunities with assured returns.
Benefits of living in Portugal
- For entrance to Portugal, there is no Residence visa requirement
- No travel restrictions within the Schengen zone
- A temporary residency of 5 years can lead to permanent residency of Portugal.(Holders on continuous renewed golden visa can apply for PR on the 3rd renewal)
- One year as a permanent resident leads to citizenship with proof of basic Portuguese language test and links to the society (Ties to the country is very important)
- Family members including spouse/partner, dependent parents and children included.
- Public education is free up to university level.
- Can establish business in all schengen countries
- No need to relocate just 7 days per year on an average in Portugal.
- Can give birth in a Public health institution in Portugal without any cost.
- Funds must have been acquired legally with proofs
- Proof of origination of funds being invested
- Applicant should have no criminal record
- No frozen property within the EU boundaries
- A valid Schengen visa for first time entry to Portugal
- Stay in Portugal for minimum 7 days each year on golden visa (1st year 7days-Ist renewal of 2 years =14days =2nd renewal =14days etc).
1. Property Investment Options
Under this investment option, the investor or main applicant can opt for any of the following:
- Acquire a property of minimum €500,000 or more worth
- Acquire a minimum 30-year-old or refurbishing requiring urban property hotel project of minimum €350,000 worth
- Acquire a property hotel project in a less populated area at 20% reduced investment
2. Capital Investment
Under this option, the main applicant can opt for the following
- Invest €350,000 or more in research activities
- Invest €250,000 or more in Arts or reconstruction of national heritage projects.
- Invest €500,000 or more in venture capital or investment funds.
- Creation of minimum 10 jobs is required.