Ancient architecture, villages adorned by cobblestone roads, mesmerizing landscape and glistening beaches make Portugal a sought-after European country. It is one of the oldest countries in the European sub-continent. For those looking to invest in the country, there are many lucrative opportunities with assured returns.
Benefits of living in Portugal
- For entrance to Portugal, there is no Residence visa requirement
- No travel restrictions within the Schengen zone
- A temporary residency of 5 years can lead to permanent residency of Portugal
- One year as a permanent resident leads to citizenship
- Family members including spouse/partner, dependent parents and children included
- Proof of origination of funds being invested
- Applicant should have no criminal record
- No frozen property within the EU boundaries
- A valid Schengen visa for first time entry to Portugal
- Stay in Portugal for minimum 7 days in first years other stay requirements
1. Property Investment Options
Under this investment option, the investor or main applicant can opt for any of the following:
- Acquire a property of minimum €500,000 or more worth
- Acquire a minimum 30-year-old or refurbishing requiring urban property of minimum €350,000 worth
- Acquire a property meeting any of above criteria in less populated area at 20% reduced investment
2. Capital Investment
Under this option, the main applicant can opt for the following
- Invest €350,000 or more in research activities
- Invest €250,000 or more in Arts or reconstruction of national heritage projects.
- Invest €500,000 or more in venture capital or investment funds.
- Creation of minimum 10 jobs is required.