The most populated province in Canada, Ontario, is one of the most preferred destination for immigrants across the globe. The government of Ontario has made the announcement for a new stream of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), something which is called as the Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream.
Applicants who are successfully accepted under this stream will get additional benefit of 600 points under the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) which will considerably increase their chances of getting the Invitation to Apply (ITA) at the upcoming draw in the federal Express Entry pool.
The Express Entry Skilled Trades Stream from OINP came into existence from May 31st, 2017. only those candidates will be considered for nomination under this stream who are found eligible under the Canadian Experience Class (CEC).
Candidates should show an inclination towards settling down in Ontario and these candidates should get a Notification of Interest (NOI) from the government of Ontario through the Express Entry online account of IRCC before they can submit their application.
Candidates are also required to fulfill the following requirements:
- Work Experience – The applicant must have at least twelve months of full-time work experience within two years in Ontario from the date NOI has been issued by Ontario. The work experience should be in a skilled trade occupation that is listed in the Major Group 72, 73, or 82 or Minor Group 633 of the National Occupational Classification (NOC) system.
- Trade Certification (if required) – In case the candidate has worked or is working in an occupation in Ontario that requires a certification or license, than a trade certification or license from the Ontario College of Trades is required.
- Currently residing in Ontario – The candidate should be residing in Ontario at the time of application on a valid work permit.
- Language – Proficiency in English or in French with a minimum of Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) 5. The candidate can prove his or her proficiency by taking a standardized language test that is being recognized by the government of Canada or Ontario.
- Settlement Funds – A minimum amount of settlement funds are required to be shown.
- Intent – The candidate should show the intention to reside in Ontario.