A number of candidates who were there in the Express Entry pool who have obtained experience in one of the occupations in Information and Communications Technology (ICT) have been given priority by the province of Ontario as per a new initiative that started on June 26th.
Now, it has been clarified by Ontario as to what all candidates have been targeted to be selected by the province.
Under this initiative, the Express Entry pool was specifically searched by Ontario for ICT workers under the Human Capital Priorities (HCP) stream aligned with Express Entry. It forms part of the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP).
Canadidates were eligible to receive a Notification of Interest (NOI) provided they have work experience in any of the following occupations mentioned in the ICT.
NOI is equal to an Invitation to Apply from a province under the provincial nomination program. The NOI is given even in cases where the candidates has less than 400 points in the Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS).
Normally, only those candidates who have scored 400 or more CRS points are invited by Ontario.
- NOC 0131: Telecommunication Carriers Managers
- NOC 0213: Computer and Information Systems Managers
- NOC 2133: Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- NOC 2147: Computer Engineers (Except Software Engineers and Designers)
- NOC 2171: Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- NOC 2172: Database Analysts and Data Administrators
- NOC 2173: Software Engineers and Designers
- NOC 2174: Computer Programmers and Interactive Media Developers
- NOC 2175: Web Designers and Developers
- NOC 2241: Electrical and Electronics Engineering Technologists and Technicians
- NOC 2281: Computer Network Technicians
- NOC 2282: User Support Technicians
- NOC 2283: Systems Testing Technicians
- NOC 5224: Broadcast Technicians
- NOC 5241: Graphic Designers and Illustrators
Under the HCP stream, only those candidates who are eligible and are there in the Express Entry pool are issued a NOI. When a provincial nomination is given to a candidates in this category it gives an additional of 600 CRS points and an Invitation to Apply (ITA) along with that. It makes them eligible to become the permanent resident of Canada.
Candidates who have been found eligible under the HCP stream, however, they do not have ICT work experience, still have the chance to receive the ITA provided they have obtained more than 400 CRS points and other criterias have been fulfilled.