The Parent of a Child at School Visitor visa is for the parents who wish to to travel to the UK with their child during the child’s period of education. It allows the visa holders to perform parental duties while their children are studying at a UK school.
Parent of a Child at School Visa Basic Requirements
To be eligible for a Parent of a child at school visitor visa, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must meet all the visitor visa requirements,
- The child is attending an independent fee paying day school which is listed on the UK Register of Education and Training Providers,
- The child enrolled for studies is under 12 years of age,
- They should have the funds required to maintain a second home in the United Kingdom,
- They should not be intending to make the United Kingdom their primary home; and
- Their last admission to the United Kingdom must fall under the Approved Destination Status Agreement with China.
Parent of a Child at School Visa Entitlements
The visa can be granted for up to 12 months. Visa holders under Parent of a Child at School category are not permitted to work and must be able to support their stay in the UK.