Migrating to Australia is becoming an attractive option for more and more skilled professionals across the world. As a developed country with a great reputation for being welcoming to migrants, a strong economy, high wage rates, a modern lifestyle and a high standard of living; Australia is considered as one of the best countries in the world to live & work.
To expand its industries throughout the country, Australia is keen to attract skilled workers in a variety of sectors. Australia Skilled migration has been designed in a way that it only targets migrants with excellent skills & technical abilities and who could help in benefiting the Australian Economy and enhances growth in it.
Large-scale infrastructure investment in recent times has indicated a boom time for jobs in the engineering sector especially for skilled professionals with Mechanical Engineering skills. Mechanical Engineers are now highly regarded in Australia for not just their technical skills, but also their ability to get involved in business development opportunities.
If your profession is Mechanical Engineer in accordance with the Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 2335-12 then you are currently in demand by employers in Australia and you have a very good chance of qualifying for a skilled visa.
Mechanical Engineers are generally responsible for planning, designing, organizing and oversee the assembly, erection, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations. Mechanical Engineers are employed across various industries, including:
- Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
- Electricity, Gas, Water & Waste Services
Mechanical Engineers need to perform a variety of duties on daily basis, which mainly include:
- To study functional statements, organizational charts and project information to establish functions & responsibilities of workers and work units and to recognize areas of duplication
- To establish work measurement programs and analyses work samples to develop standards for labour utilization
- To analyses workforce utilization, operational data, facility layout and production schedules and costs to establish optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- To design mechanical equipment’s, machines, components, products for manufacture, and plant & systems for construction
- To develop specifications for manufacture, and determine materials, piping, equipment, material flows, capacities and layout of plant and systems
- To organize and manage project labor and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- To establish standards and policies for installation, quality control, modification, testing, inspection and maintenance as per engineering principles and safety regulations
- To inspect plant to make sure optimum performance is maintained
- To direct the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment’s, and coordinate the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules.
The candidates in this line-of-work can be entitled for trained movement, via these visa-schemes:
- Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS)
- Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS)
- Temporary Business (Long Stay) (Subcategory 457)
- Points Based Skilled Migration Permit
Most occupations in the unit group (2335) have a level of skill equal to a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some cases relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing might also be required.
To receive a positive skills assessment form Engineers Australia, applicants wishing to be assessed as a Mechanical Engineer MAY have to submit a Competency Demonstration Report (CDR).
A Competency Demonstration Report (CDR) is a combination of customized documents required to demonstrate the competency of your engineering and English language skills to the Institution of Engineers Australia. The purpose of the CDR is to demonstrate how the applicant has applied his/her engineering knowledge and skills.
WWICS always advises engineers aim to migrate to Australia to make sure that their CDR reports are in full compliance with Migration Skills Assessment requirements for Engineers Australia because if it fails to meet all engineering competency assessment elements, applicant’s CDR application can be suspended for a particular time-period.
Apply for the Australian Visa under the supervision of Immigration Expert
If you are applying for the Australia visa, it’s advisable that you get the assistance and support from the Australian Immigration Specialist or an expert mentor.
Since its inception, WWICS has provided a guiding light to many thousands of persons wishing to immigrate to Australia. WWICS shares the optimism and sincere belief that Australia offers excellent settlement options within a stable environment to those who wish to become a part of its landscape.
The expert team at WWICS handles each case individually and offers customized advice to the clients through its legal counsels comprising ICCRC members, solicitors and other paralegals.