This provisional Visa is granted for a period of 4 years for individuals who cannot meet the Skilled Independent Visa pass mark. This visa provides a pathway to a permanent visa in Australia.
The basic requirement of this visa is to get sponsorship either from a sponsoring State or Territory regional area or eligible relative living in a designated area. Applicants should also meet the points test by scoring 65 including the points from the relative/ state sponsorship. This visa is designed by the Australian Government to address skill shortages in designated areas of Australia.
The Skilled Regional Sponsored Visa through the state is a provisional Visa only and applicants under this category must live for 2 years and work full time for at least 12 months in a Specified Regional Area of Australia which is a mandatory condition to further apply for a Permanent Residency.
Features of the Sub Class 489 Visa:
- Applicants are allowed to live, work and study in a relative sponsored designated area /state sponsored regional area of Australia for a period of 4 years.
- Provides a pathway to a permanent visa in Australia
- Applicants are allowed to apply for a permanent visa after the applicant has lived for 2 years in a designated area/regional areas of Australia.
- The applicant can score 10 points if sponsored by State/ Territory Government or 10 points if sponsored by an eligible relative currently living in a designated area.
- Applicants can take their immediate family members, provided they meet the requirements of health, character and English language.
- Allows the dependents to study and work in designated areas of Australia.
The applicants have to satisfy the basic requirements to migrate under the Skilled Regional State or Relative Sponsored Visa and must secure 65 points to file the Visa.
Age: Under 45 years.
English language: The applicant should prove that he/she meets the English language of competence level by submitting the test results before the application is submitted. The applicant should also meet the English Language threshold. If the applicant needs 10 or 20 points under Proficient English he/ she should score 7 or more bands in IELTS.
Nominated Occupation: The applicant should nominate an occupation on the Short term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) or Medium and Long term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL). If the he/ she wish to live in the designated area, the applicant should apply for relative sponsored Visa.
Skill Assessment: It is mandatory for an applicant to get a positive skill assessment for a nominated occupation before the application is filed.
Maintenance funds: The applicants should show sufficient maintenance funds to obtain sponsorship from state territory if applying for state /territory nominated regional visa.
Health & character requirements: The applicant has to meet all the health and character requirements.