To help Alberta’s economy stand strong, the Government of Alberta has introduced the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program (AINP) previously known as Alberta Provincial Nominee Program. Through this program, prospective immigrants with experience and skills are targeted by the province and are offered an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certification, which helps them speed up the overall immigration process and gain permanent residency in this province.
The Alberta Immigration Nominee Program (AINP) comprises of following major immigration streams:
- The Alberta Express Entry Stream
- The Strategic Recruitment Stream
- The Employer Driver Stream, and
- The Self-Employed Farmer Stream
- Alberta Express Entry Stream
The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows Alberta to nominate a set number of qualified candidates from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s (IRCC) Express Entry system.
Applicants can only apply to the Alberta Express Entry stream after receiving a Notification of Interest (NOI) letter from the province and the eligible candidates are contacted directly by the AINP through their Express Entry profiles.
Only those Express Entry candidates who receive an invitation (NOI letter) from the AINP can submit an application for a provincial nomination under the Alberta Express Entry Stream.
Applicants need to meet the following assessment criteria to submit an application to the Alberta Express Entry Stream. The applicant must:
- have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool
- meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs: Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Federal Skilled Worker Program
- intend to and be able to live and work in Alberta
- be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300
In addition, the AINP is more likely to select candidates with one or more following adaptability factors. The candidate must
- have a valid Alberta job offer and/or work experience
- be a graduate of an Alberta post-secondary institution with a valid Alberta job offer, or
- have a parent, child, brother and/or sister who is a permanent resident living in Alberta, or a Canadian citizen living in Alberta.
- Strategic Recruitment Stream
The Strategic Recruitment Stream allows individuals to apply for the AINP without the support of an employer. The stream can further be broken down into three categories:-
- Compulsory and Optional Trades Category-
Traders with either a Recognized Trade Certificate or an Alberta Qualification Certificate are eligible under this program. The workers must be dwelling in the province with a valid work permit at the time of filing the application.
- Engineering Occupations Category-
This category is especially designed for designers, engineers and drafters with Alberta work experience. To apply under this category, the applicant must have work experience in one of the twelve defined categories by the AINP.
- Post Graduate Worker Category-
Individuals with a post graduate degree from an accredited post-secondary institution of Alberta and currently employed in the province on a valid work permit are eligible to apply under this program.
- Employer-Driven Stream
The Employer-Driven stream allows employers to nominate workers with required skills and experience to the AINP for immigration and permanent residency. This gives workers a sense of job satisfaction and helps employers retain their best employees. Employer-Driven stream comprises of three sub-categories:-
- Skilled Worker Category-
The stream is meant for individuals with a full time, permanent job in a qualifying skilled occupation. Individuals working outside this province can also apply under this stream.
- International Graduate Category-
Those who hold a graduation degree from a recognized post-secondary institution in Canada, have a valid post-graduation work permit and have a full time, permanent job offer from an indigenous employer are eligible under this category.
- Semi-Skilled Worker Category-
The category has been outlined for temporary foreign workers who hold a permanent, full time job offer from a local employer in a qualifying semi-skilled field of work.
- Self-Employed Farmer Stream-
The Self-Employed Farmer Stream offers permanent residence to people who hold farming experience and have enough funds to purchase or develop an existing farm in the province of Alberta.
AINP application processing
All applications received under AINP are assessed and processed based on
- information received from the labour market
- the volume of applications received
- the date on which an application was received
If you are planning to apply under one of the above mentioned Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program, then we are right people to contact to. At WWICS, we house a team of expert consultants with years of experience in the field of global resettlement procedures, visa processes and provincial nominee programs. Our consultants will guide you through the entire immigration process, inform you about the Canadian work scenarios and help gain permanent residency in Alberta, Canada in the shortest possible time.