Manitoba PNP Priority Assessment Stream : There are three streams under this category:
Manitoba Employer Direct Stream & International Student Stream
- You must be able to demonstrate that you will settle permanently in Manitoba.
- You must have Manitoba work Experience of at least 6 months while on a Temporary Work Permit
- You must have a permanent job offer from that employer who was been unable to fill the position with a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident. Also your employer would be offering you full time, permanent position with compensation consistent with regional wages and existing collective bargaining agreements.
- You must have all qualifications for the position including training/education and any required licence or certification.
- Your connection to Manitoba through employment must be stronger than ties you may have to another province.
- Have graduated from a post-secondary program in Manitoba of at least one academic year in length.
- Have successfully applied for a post-graduation work permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada.
- Be currently working in Manitoba and have received a full-time, permanent employment offer from their employer.
- Your connection to Manitoba through employment is stronger than ties you may have to another Canadian province.
Skilled Workers with a Connection to Manitoba: Manitoba Experience means that in the past you lived in the province as a visiting worker or as an international student. The Conditions are as under:
Past employment in Manitoba:
- In the past, you worked full-time for a Manitoba employer at least six consecutive months.
- Submit signed employer letter of reference on company letterhead AND copy of work permit proving you worked in Manitoba.
Past education in Manitoba:
- As an international student you attended and completed an authorized education or training program at a public, or registered private vocational, post-secondary institution in Manitoba. (Language studies are not authorized.)
- To prove you studied in Manitoba, submit the three following documents: 1. your study permit(s); 2. your academic transcripts, and 3. the certificate, diploma or degree you received for completing the program.
Express Entry Stream for Manitoba Immigration:
The Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program has launched a new “sub-stream” to nominate a limited number of MPNP applicants for consideration under the Government of Canada’s Express Entry system.
Under the first ‘pilot’ phase of this initiative, only applicants who meet ALL the criteria below and are directly contacted by the MPNP will be considered for nomination under the new MPNP Express Entry “sub-stream”. The MPNP will directly contact a limited number of applicants who:
- have an existing open application with a MPNP file number in the Skilled Worker Overseas stream within our inventory
- have the potential to meet the eligibility criteria of at least one of the three federal economic immigration programs included in Express Entry according to the assessment of a MPNP Immigration Officer based on the documents included with your current application
Once contacted by the MPNP, all selected candidates should:
- submit a complete Educational Credentials Assessment for Federal Skilled Worker applicants as well as evidence of settlement funds meeting higher federal requirements once contacted by the MPNP
- provide proof of successful completion of an Express Entry profile by sharing your Express Entry ID and Job seeker validation codes with the MPNP
Consideration under this initiative does not guarantee approval by the MPNP or CIC. In every case, a full assessment against MPNP criteria will be completed first. All those nominated by Manitoba will have to provide evidence that they meet federal criteria when submitting their permanent residence application through Express Entry.