In its latest invitations round results, Alberta immigration invited 148 Express Entry candidates to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian Permanent Residence.
Express Entry candidates, who received Notification of Interest (NOI) letters in latest draw conducted on November 6 through the Alberta Immigrant Nominee Program’s (AINP) Express Entry-aligned stream, required a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) score of 400 to receive an invitation, among other requirements.
Express Entry candidates who want to settle in Alberta can apply for a provincial nomination under the AINP’s Express Entry stream.
The Alberta Express Entry Stream allows the AINP to search the federal Express Entry pool for candidates who fulfill the stream’s eligibility requirements and send them invitations to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence through regular draws.
In order to be eligible to receive a notification of interest (NOI) from the AINP, candidates must:
- have an active Express Entry profile in the federal Express Entry pool
- be working in an occupation that supports Alberta’s economic development and diversification
- have a minimum Comprehensive Ranking System score of 300 points
- have stated an interest in immigrating permanently to Alberta
There is currently no list of eligible occupations available. While a job offer or previous work in Alberta is not mandatory in order to be eligible, the AINP gives priority to candidates who:
- have a job offer and/or work experience in the province;
- hold a degree from a Canadian post-secondary institution and a valid job offer; and/or
- have a parent, child or sibling already living in the province
A provincial nomination provides Express Entry candidates additional 600 points towards their CRS scores and effectively guarantees an invitation to apply (ITA) for Canadian permanent residence in subsequent Express Entry draw.
Find out if you are eligible for Canadian immigration!!
To find out if you’re eligible for immigration to Canada, simply complete our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM ! A member of the WWICS team will review your eligibility and contact you to discuss your options to immigrate to Canada!