The Mediterranean island nation of Malta is a full European Union (EU) member state since May 1, 2004 and a part of the 26-nation Schengen zone.
Malta is a highly industrialized & advance service-based economy. It is one of the European countries offering a citizenship by investment programme that is both highly respected and expedient.
MALTA – QUICK FACTS
- Capital City: Valletta
- Passport Index Ranking: Ranked 4th in the world according to the Passport Index 2019
- Official Languages: Maltese and English
- Population: 431,864 (Est 2018)
- Currency: Euro (€)
MALTA RESIDENCY PROGRAMME
Unlike other EU countries, Malta offers the fastest way to obtain permanent residence status through its government investment program, which allows foreign investors to obtain Permanent residence permit in Malta by investing in government bonds.
- Free access to European countries
- Dependent parents, grandparents and children can also be included in the application
- No tax on worldwide income for non residents
- No minimum stay required
- Fast processing (3- 4 months)
- Immediate PR for life
Requirements for obtaining Maltese permanent residence under the program:
- Age: Applicant must be over 18 years
- Investment: Investment required € 250,000 in Govt. Bonds
- Source of funds: Source of funds should be legal
- Education: No minimum education is required
- Health: No serious medical conditions
- Criminal Record: Should not hold any criminal record
MALTA INDIVIDUAL INVESTOR PROGRAMME (MIIP)
Introduced in 2014, the Malta Citizenship Investment Scheme known as the Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) is the first European citizenship by investment programme to be recognized by the European Commission.
Aimed at ultra high net worth individuals, it is one of the most exclusive citizenship-by-investment portfolios worldwide and offers clients the opportunity to obtain citizenship in a country with one of the strongest, most stable economies of the EU and Eurozone.
- INVESTMENT OPTIONS
The MIIP requires applicants to make a contribution to the National Development and Social Fund, an investment in Government-approved financial instruments that needs to be held for a minimum of five years, and a property purchase or rental that needs to be maintained for at least five years.
- The National Development and Social Fund
Applicants need to make a minimum contribution of €650,000, in addition a €25,000 contribution for any spouse and minor children, and a €50,000 contribution for any dependent children aged between 18 and 26 and any dependent parents above 55 years of age.
- Real Estate
Applicants must also retain a residence in Malta for a minimum period of five years, either through the purchase of a property, for which the minimum value must be over €350,000, or through the leasing of a property, for which the minimum annual rent is required to exceed €16,000.
- Government-Approved Financial Instruments
Applicants need to make an investment of €150,000 in Government-approved financial instruments, for instance bonds or stocks, which must be maintained for a period of at least 5 years.
- ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
The application process of MIIP is extremely efficient, and the government of Malta is committed to the highest standard of due diligence and vetting of investor applicants ensuring only persons of impeccable standing and repute will be admitted.
To be considered eligible for the Malta citizenship scheme, the main applicant must.
- be at least 18 years of age
- have a clean criminal record
- demonstrate genuine links to the country
- possess a good health (All applicants must also be covered by an international health insurance policy)
WHY BECOME A CITIZEN OF MALTA?
- Citizenship for life, with the right to live and work in the country
- Fast processing as the time frame of processing majority of applications is within 14-16 months
- Visa-free or visa-on-arrival travel to 183 countries and territories, including the Schengen Area (EU) and the United Kingdom
- Right to live, work & study in any country in the European union
- Dual citizenship is permitted, no need to denounce the original nationality
- A reliable and efficient application procedure
Discover the power of Maltese passport with WWICS!!
Investing in Maltese citizenship can unlock your potential to become a global citizen. With an extensive experience of over 26 years, we have paved the way for a better, brighter and safer future for over 2000 businesspersons, investors and families.
After intense strategizing and developing of the best investment option with our team of Lawyers, Financial consultants, real estate developers, we ensure smooth processing of your application with the concerned authorities.
If you are interested in the Malta Individual Investor Programme (MIIP) you can contact us by completing our assessment form