133 Express Entry candidates among those who received invitation
Manitoba invited 450 immigration candidates in the Skilled Workers in Manitoba, Skilled Workers Overseas and International Education streams, to apply for a provincial nomination for Canadian permanent residence in an Expression of Interest (EOI) draw held on June 20.
The invitations, known as Letters of Advice to Apply (LAAs), issued in the June 20 draw, broke down as follows:
- Skilled Workers Overseas: 323
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba:101
- International Education Stream: 26
This June 20 EOI draw brings the total number of LAAs issued to skilled worker candidates by Manitoba in 2019 to 4,979.
Express Entry candidates among those who received invitation
A total of 133 LAAs issued in the June 20 draw went to Express Entry candidates with a job seeker validation code and experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-Demand Occupations List.
Other candidates under Skilled Workers Overseas stream, who received invitation in the June 20 draw, had the following criteria:
- Had a close relative living in Manitoba or past education or work experience in Manitoba;
- Had a minimum 6 months of recent work experience in an occupation on Manitoba’s In-demand Occupations list; and
- A minimum language proficiency of CLB/NCLC 5 unless have work experience in a regulated occupation (minimum CLB/NCLC 7) or a compulsory trade (CLB/NCLC 6).
Another 35 invitations went to candidates invited directly through one of the MPNP’s Strategic Recruitment Initiatives.
Expression of Interest
In order to be considered for a nomination for Canadian permanent residence from Manitoba, completing an Expression of Interest (EOI) is the first and necessary step for most skilled worker candidates.
EOIs are given a score based on various factors such as education, work experience, proficiency in English or French and connections to Manitoba, among other details.
The highest-ranked candidates are then invited to apply through regular draws from Manitoba’s EOI pool.
The minimum score required for an LAA in the June 20th EOI draw was:
- Skilled Workers in Manitoba: 475
- Skilled Workers Overseas: 599
- Strategic Recruitment Initiative candidates: 704
Find out if you are eligible for Canadian immigration!!
To find out if you’re eligible for immigration to Canada, simply complete our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM ! A member of the WWICS team will review your eligibility and contact you to discuss your options to immigrate to Canada!