New Zealand offers positive business climate with distinct and compelling advantages to those Global firms seeking the best locations to establish or expand their operation in New Zealand has created one of the most attractive investment climate in the world with stable democratic government , a fair legal system , a broad based low tax regime , free trade with Australia. Multicultural sound economic backdrop. New Zealand three avenue for business migrants to establish a business in New Zealand i.e. Investor, Entrepreneurs and Employee of Relocating business.
Immigration Programs: Applicants to New Zealand immigration are granted Long Term Business Visa & Permit first which then gets converted to permanent residency after meeting the business evaluation criteria. With effect from November 20, 2002 following procedure for grant of Long Term Business Visa & Permit for New Zealand is required to be adopted:- If the applicant is not able to prove that he had studied and carried on business in English knowing environment then it’s mandatory to pass the IELTS examination by obtaining average of 5 bands before the application can be submitted .
Employees of Relocating Business
1. Long Term Business Visa
- IELTS examination by obtaining average of 5 bands before the application can be filed for the visa.
- He must have owned or managed a business for more than three years in the home country.
- A realistic business plan demonstrating an understanding of business environment of New Zealand is required to be prepared and for the success of that plan business experience relevant to that type of business is required to be shown in home country.
- Initially the visa is granted for 9 months and the person is required to transfer the funds for making capital investment mentioned in the project report within that period and further take steps to establish a business in accordance with the plans submitted in New Zealand Immigration Department. The business plan submitted with the application for Long Term Business Visa & Permit cannot be changed remove but it can be changed with the permission of Immigration Dept. After the funds had been transferred and steps had been taken to establish a business in New Zealand, the applicant can seek extension of the visa for the remaining period of two years and three months of the total duration of Long Term Business Visa & Permit. Another extension for 3 years can be applied after the expiry of the first term of 3 years.
- An applicant will be eligible for permanent residency after an expiry of two years.
The Investor category is for people who have a minimum of NZ$1 million to invest in New Zealand, but who may not wish to actively run a business there. This category operates on a points system, with points awarded for age, business experience and investment funds. The current pass marks are 12 points. nimum of two years.
An applicant will be considered to have successfully established a business in New Zealand if: he/she; Has established or purchased, or made a substantial investment and thereby is owning at least 25% of that business Is lawfully active in the management & operation of that business for at least two years.