The Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa category is for foreign companies that would like to send a senior employee to the UK in order to establish a commercial presence for their company in the UK.
Eligibility criteria for a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa
In order to qualify for a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business visa, applicant will need to satisfy UK Visas and Immigration that his/her overseas company:
- is a genuine business;
- has no branch, subsidiary or other representative in the UK;
- intends to set up a branch or subsidiary in the UK, operating in the same type of business as the overseas business; and
- intends to maintain the centre of its operations overseas;
Applicant will also need to demonstrate that he/she:
- is a senior employee in the business;
- has been recruited outside of the UK;
- has full authority to take operational decisions on behalf of the business;
- does not hold more than 50% of the shares in the business;
- does not intend to take employment other than for their business;
- is competent in the English language to at least CEFR Level A1 (speaking and listening);and
- can maintain and accommodate themselves and their dependants
Successful applicants who fulfill the eligibility criteria of sole representative Visa UK will be allowed to stay in the UK as a representative of an overseas business for an initial period of 3 years. However, applicants can then further apply to extend their stay for up to another 2 years, providing they continue to act as sole representative for the overseas company.
After five years in the UK as a Sole Representative of an Overseas Business, applicants are permitted to apply for ILR (Indefinite leave to remain) providing the sole representative continues to meet with the eligibility criteria. Their spouse/partner and any children under the age of 18 may accompany or join them as their dependents.
The applicant will not be able to work for any business other than the business that he/she represents in the UK.
For formal advice on the Sole Representative Visa UK, please do not hesitate to contact WWICS. The specialist team at WWICS can assist you with all immigration matters. Our over 25 years of expertise in global resettlement services mean that we can provide tailored immigration solutions for you.