A fast-track option for businesspersons to invest & settle in Canada
The New Brunswick Provincial Nominee Program’s (NBPNP) Entrepreneurial Stream is an economic immigration program that offers experienced entrepreneurs who are ready to establish, operate and actively manage a business while living and settling in New Brunswick, an opportunity to become Canadian permanent residents.
Minimum requirements to apply under the NBPNP – Entrepreneurial Stream
In order to apply under NBPNP – Entrepreneurial Stream, interested applicants need to fulfil the certain eligibility criteria. The applicant must:
- be between 22-55 years of age
- be able to invest at least CAD$ 300,000 to establish a business in NB
- have a verifiable minimum personal net worth of CAD $600,000
- have minimum 3 years of work experience in the last 5 years as an Entrepreneur OR have five years out of five of experience in a senior business management role or more
- have a score of at least 5 on the Canadian Language Benchmark Test
- have completed at least two years of full-time post-secondary education after completing high school
- intent to live permanently in New Brunswick, while owning and managing a local business
Immigration Program Officers will review the applicant’s application based on eligibility requirements and selection factors. However, just meeting the eligibility requirements does not guarantee a nomination. New Brunswick generally gives priority to the candidates who have the greatest potential to become economically established in the province.
Once the applicant fulfils all the eligibility criteria and his/her business plan has been approved, they will be assessed according to selection criteria for five factors: age, language skills, education, adaptability and business experience. Candidates are required to score a minimum of 50 points on the selection grid.
NBPNP BUSINESS TRIP
As a first step toward nomination under the NBPNP, eligible applicants are required to make at least one business trip (for a minimum of five full business days) to New Brunswick before submitting an immigration application, with an aim to gain knowledge of the New Brunswick business environment.
Following the business trip, applicants need to participate in an interview with an NBPNP Official. Applicants are required to complete their business trip in New Brunswick and their interview with an NBPNP official within one year of the date on their Notice of Interview.
Find out if you are eligible for NBPNP – Entrepreneurial Stream!!
To find out if you’re eligible for immigration to Canada under NBPNP – Entrepreneurial Stream, simply complete our FREE ASSESSMENT FORM l! A member of the WWICS team will review your eligibility and contact you to discuss your options to immigrate to Canada!