Skip to content

Permanent Residency in Australia

Settle in Australia
In culture, population, climate, geography, and history, Australia is truly a unique and diverse country in every way. An island continent and the world’s sixth largest country, lying between the Indian and Pacific oceans, Australia has 19 listed World Heritage properties. Australia is famous for its ancient geology, high country, as well as its landmark buildings including the Sydney Harbor Bridge.

Immigration and visa is the first step to resettle in a new country, a procedure that includes assessment of the prospective immigrant’s education (academic and professional), professional skills, training and experience for Permanent Residency in Australia. Applying for a permanent residency (PR) in any country requires some preparation.

Eligibility Criteria
For immigration to Australia, one may apply for either a student visa or for a work permit, the basic requirements for which are as follows:

  • Qualified in a profession or trade occupation which appears on the Australian Government’s Skilled Occupations List.
  • Under 49 years of age
  • Proficiency in the English language
  • Recent work experience, in most cases is also required
  • Health assessment – all applicants must have their health assessed by a panel doctor and undergo a medical examination

Applicants generally have to achieve passing marks in a Points Test which incorporates the basic selection criteria as well as other skill factors for which you can obtain additional or bonus points towards your final score. After graduation, the student can apply for a permanent residency in Australia.

Permanent residency Family
If you have an Australian citizen or a family member with an Australian permanent residency, you may be eligible for immigration to Australia. Immigration is available for:

  • Partners
  • Fiancé (e)
  • Children and
  • Dependent relatives

Australian permanent residency is also available for business people who plan to establish or manage a new or existing business in the country. You may also be eligible for PR if you plan to invest in an Australian business.

There are numerous paths to Australian permanent residency through the worker category.

  • Employer Sponsored Workers – When an Australian employer sponsors a foreign national work in Australia.
  • General Skilled Migration – For people who possess a skill valued in Australia.
  • Skill Select – For workers possessing certain skills that Australia is in need of.
  • Doctors and Nurses – Permanent residency is available to doctors and nurses on a need-only basis.

New Zealand Visa
New Zealand residents have the option to live and work permanently in Australia without a PR. This option grants them a temporary SCV visa, but does not provide the same rights as a citizen holding Australian PR.

How can WWICS help
WWICS has a number of services that can help our clients apply for and receive a visa or PR in Australia. These services include:

  • Preparation of case for immigration
  • Submitting the complete case with supporting documentation and evidence
  • Assisting in the preparation for the visa interview
  • Multi-stage counseling of the client
  • Handling all correspondence with the Visa Office
  • Monitoring the client’s case throughout the processing
  • Advising the client about the mandatory requirements
  • Adopting ways to save time and finances by taking pre-emptive measures

We also provide clients with post landing services that include:

  • Assistance in arranging immediate social needs
  • Guidance for arranging school admissions for school going children, if applicable
  • Formatting resume as per Australian employers’ requirements
  • Professional counseling / guidance for registration and licensing required for the PR
  • Assistance in Placement for initial temporary / transitional jobs
  • Assistance in any other issue related to permanent residency in Australia

Permanent residency in Australia requires that the person who had applied for immigration should complete the following social needs

  • Apply for a Tax File Number
  • Register with Medicare
  • Open a bank account
  • Register with Centrelink
  • Contact the Health Undertaking Service
  • Register for English classes, if needed
  • Enroll your children in school, if applicable
  • Apply for a driver’s permit
Back To Top