Skip to content

Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC)

The Federal Skilled Worker Class is one of the three programs contained within Canada’s Express Entry system that allows the country to welcome new permanent residents every year based on their education, work experience, age, language proficiency and ability to become established in Canada’s workforce.



 In order to be eligible to submit an Express Entry profile under the Federal Skilled Worker Class (FSWC), applicants must meet the following conditions:

  • Work Experience: Must have at least 12-months of continuous full-time or an equivalent amount in part-time skilled work experience in an occupation at National Occupation Classification (NOC) Skill Level 0, A, or B.
  • Language Proficiency: Possess English or French language ability equal to the Canadian Language Benchmark of Level 7 (CLB 7). Although the higher you score, the better your chances of receiving an invitation. Applicant needs to provide results from an approved language test taken within the previous two years.
  • Education: Must have completed a minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or the equivalent foreign education with a valid Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA) from a designated agency showing that their education is equal to a completed certificate, diploma or degree.
  • Federal Skilled Worker Points Grid: Must score a minimum of 67 out of 100 points on the FSWP points grid:
Factor Points
Education 25
Language Proficiency


Age 12
Work Experience 15
Arranged Employment 10
Adaptability 10
Minimum Pass Score 67
  • Settlement Funds: Must have enough funds to support their settlement in Canada. The requirement increases depending on family size. 
Number of family members Required funds (in CAD)
1  (single applicant)


2 $16,135
3 $19,836
4 $24,083
5 $27,315
6 $30,806
7 $34,299
For each additional family member, add $3,492
Our Most Frequently Asked Questions!!

Q1. What is a Canada Immigration Visa?

It is a document that permits a person to work and live in one of the Canadian province or territory. It comes with several responsibilities and may be revoked in case the holder does not obey the Canadian residency obligations or is found guilty of conducting criminal activities in the country.

Q2. When can I obtain citizenship of Canada?

The Canadian Citizenship can typically be obtained after a period of three years of Permanent residence in Canada.

Q3. What is a Canadian Permanent Resident Card?

A Canadian Permanent Resident Card is a small, secured plastic card which contains the cardholder’s personal details and confirms the holder’s status as a Permanent Resident of Canada.

Q4. Is dual citizenship recognized in Canada?

Yes. Since 1977, the Canadian country has permitted its citizens to hold multiple or dual citizenship. This means that a citizen of Canada will not lose his/her Canadian citizenship in case he/she retains his/her native nation’s citizenship.

Q5. What is the Canadian Experience Class Program?

The Canadian Experience Class Program is an immigration category that permits temporary international workers to work in the country with a Permanent Resident Visa of Canada.

Q6. What is a Provincial Nominee program?

  • The Provincial Nominee program was instituted by Citizenship and Immigration Canada to permit different provinces and territories of Canada to select individuals who have required skills and experience for filling in the position of work which cannot be done by existing workforce in Canada and further contribute to the economic development of the country. Most territories and provinces within the country take part in the Provincial Nominee programs.

Q7. Can an individual apply for a Temporary Work Permit and a Canada Immigration Visa?

Yes. An individual can apply only for a Temporary Work Permit or in combination with an application for an immigration visa. CIC recognizes dual intent, whereby an individual can work in Canada on temporary basis and thereafter live and work in the country permanently.

Q8. Do students need a student visa for pursuing a short term course?

The need for a student visa majorly depends on the length of the course. If the course duration is less than six months, then there is no need for a student visa. However, if the course duration is more than six months, you must apply for a student visa.

Q9. Is there an eligibility occupation list under the Federal Skilled Worker Visa category?

  • No, there is no eligibility occupation list prevalent at this time under the Federal Skilled Worker Visa category. Applicants of this category must have a minimum one year work experience in the last 10 years in a National Occupation Classification (NOC) code types O, A and B.
Back To Top