Skip to content

Tier 4 - Student (Adult) Visa

The student visa under this category is for students who intend to participate in a full time course at a UK institution of any post-16 education program. The Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa is a flexible visa type that permits the applicants to undertake both short and long-term courses given that the course duration is at least 6 months..

Qualifying candidates must have a valid offer of enrolment from an affiliated educational institution. The applicant must demonstrate the efficiency to sustain and accommodate his/her self (or be sustained and accommodated by a host) in the UK during the study trip. The candidates are also required to prove that they are capable of paying the course fees.

Tier 4 – Student (Adult) Visa Requirements
An array of specific requirements are set by the UK Home Office that all applicants must meet in order to apply for a Student visa under the Tier 4 (Adult) category.

The candidates are required to submit a proof of acceptance in to a recognised course of study at an approved UK institution (sponsor), licensed by the UK Home Office. Applicants are also required to provide evidence of having sufficient maintenance funds to support their stay in the UK without undertaking employment, other than part-time and vacation jobs allowed as per the regulations for adult students.

Tier 4 – Student (Adult) Visa Entitlements
The UK Home Office grants a Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa to the eligible candidates in line with the duration of the initial course of study.

The visa under this category offers student the benefit of strengthening their academic base in the UK. A Tier 4 – Student (Adult) visa allows the applicants to work between 10 to 20 hours per week during term periods, depending on the course of study. Visa holders may also undertake full-time jobs in vacation periods.

After fulfilling the additional eligibility criteria, graduate level students may be able to apply for a working visa category. This might eventually lead to settlement in the UK.

Back To Top