Skip to content

USA Family Visa

Aiding a family member to become a permanent resident of the US, follows roughly the same procedure but with some nuances in each type of family-based visa.

First, the US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) must approve your immigrant visa petition (I-130) for you. It must be accompanied by proof of the relationship and the other required documentation in order to begin the family based immigration process.

The Department of State determines if an immigrant visa number is available for the applicant, based on the category applied.

The third step in family based immigration. The relative in the US should apply to change his status to that of a lawful permanent resident after a visa number becomes available.

The US Family visa is a temporary non-immigrant visa, allowing the US citizens to sponsor their family, spouses or fiancee to join them in the US on temporary basis.

Children, siblings, parents and spouses of US citizens or permanent residents, who are eligible, might be permitted to apply for a family based Green Card.

K1 Visa: A K1 visa allows a US citizen to sponsor his fiancé to come to the US to get married. Following this, Green card can be applied for.

K3 Visa: A K3 visa consents to a US citizen sponsoring his spouse to join him in the US, while the Green Card application is being processed.


IR Green Card :The ‘Immediate Relative’ category gives permission to a US citizen to sponsor his spouses from other nations, children and parents for a Green Card.

F1-F3 Green Card :These Green Card categories permits US citizens to sponsor their children to become permanent residents of the United States.

The F2 category permits permanent residents of the US to sponsor their spouses from other nations and children to apply for a Green Card.

The F4 Green Card category permits US citizens to sponsor their brothers and sisters, so as to apply for permanent residency.

Back To Top