Q1. What is Permanent Residence Status?

Canadian Permanent residence grants you permission to live and work lawfully anywhere in Canada. It gives you access to all of the social welfare programs such as free healthcare, subsidized education, unemployment insurance, free education for kids below 12th standard, old age pension etc

Q2. How do I qualify under Federal Skilled Worker Program?

Citizenship & Immigration Canada will start accepting applications for the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) from 4th May 2013. For qualifying under this category, the prospective immigrant will need to get his educational credentials assessed by the four organizations appointed by the CIC for the same. The Educational Credentials Assessment (ECA) should be done before filing the case. The minimum language threshold of CLB 7 which corresponds to 6 Bands on the IELTS General Training test in each of the four skills- Reading, Writing, Listening and Oral Comprehension (Speaking) in the official language (English/ French). The applicant must have at least one year of continuous full- time or equivalent paid work experience in the past 10 years in one of the 24 eligible occupations. He/ she should also qualify for arranged employment with a Labour Market Opinion and a full- time permanent job offer from a Canadian employer. He/ she should have completed 2 years of study at a recognized institution in Canada towards a PhD. In addition, Canada Federal Skilled Worker applicants must attain at least 67 points based on Citizenship and Immigration Canada’s (CIC) immigration selection factors.

Q3. What is Federal Skilled Trades Stream?

The Federal Skilled Trades Program is dedicated and streamlined program for skilled trades addresses many of the shortcomings from the current Federal Skilled Worker Program. This will help transform Canada’s immigration system into a fast and flexible system focused on jobs, growth and long-term prosperity. The Federal Skilled Trades Program will complement other avenues already in place for skilled tradespersons to immigrate to Canada, such as the Canadian Experience Class and Provincial Nominee Programs.

Q4. What is Open Bridging work permit?

Bridging Open Work Permit enables certain economic class applicants to maintain their status and continue working in Canada while they wait for a final decision on their permanent residence application. Qualifying foreign nationals who have submitted an application for permanent residence under the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Canadian Experience Class (CEC), Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) or the Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP) may be considered for an open work permit.

Q5. What is Arranged Employment?

Arranged Employment is a fast-track option that ensures your entry in Canada as an immigrant. Under the Skilled Worker category, a person with Arranged Employment is given priority and can obtain up to 15 extra points. To qualify under this category all you need is a credible permanent employment offer from a Canadian employer. The offer must be approved by Services Canada (SC). In this case the employer is making an offer to hire you on an indeterminate basis once the Canada Immigration visa is issued to you. You cannot come to live and work in Canada until then.

Q6. Do I and my family members require a passport?

Yes, you and your accompanying family members must have valid international passports in order for you to be issued Permanent Residence in Canada visas.

Q7. What if I immigrate to Canada first and then apply for my family members and dependents to join me?

Yes. You may immigrate & establish yourself in Canada First & later sponsor / Apply for your family ie Spouse & dependent children.

Q8. Do I have to attend an interview with a visa officer?

You may be asked by the immigration authorities to attend the interview with the Visa Officer. The purpose of interview is to check the accuracy, presentation of your application and clear the doubt which the officer may have. A fool-proof application would increase your chances of obtaining an interview waiver. This is where WWICS is known for.

Q9. Will a close relative in Canada help in any way?

A close blood relative who is a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident entitles you for the award of 5 additional points under the adaptability factor subject to production of relevant documentary evidence. Your relative may be your mother or father, brother or sister, aunt or uncle, niece or nephew, grandchild or grandparent or even child.

Q10. What are the required funds to establish in Canada?

When you apply for Permanent Residency under Skilled Worker category, you must have enough money or liquid assets to support your family for an estimated period of six (6) months after you arrive in Canada. These funds cannot be borrowed from another person. You must provide documented evidence that you will have access to your money or liquid assets upon your arrival to Canada.

The amount of funds or liquid assets you require is determined by the size of your family.

Number of Family Members Funds Required (CDN$)
1 11,086
2 13,801
3 16,967
4 20,599
5 23,364
6 26,350
7 or more 29,337

Free Online Assessment

Free Assessment

Get your profile evaluated to know your chances to settle abroad

Feedback & Support